6 of Our Favorite Attorneys on TikTok
In the ever-evolving landscape of digital marketing, attorneys are increasingly leveraging social media platforms to connect with their audience and demystify the legal world. Among these platforms, TikTok has emerged as an unexpected but incredibly effective platform for legal professionals to share their knowledge, engage with viewers, and dispense valuable legal insights in bite-sized videos. At Cardinal Concepts, we recognize the power of TikTok as a medium for legal education and outreach and we’re excited to highlight our top 6 favorite attorneys on TikTok whose engaging content, dedication to their craft, and commitment to making the law more accessible have made them stand out in the ever-growing TikTok legal community.
There are few TikTok personalities that share their legal expertise that standout from the rest and are making a significant impact on this innovative social media platform. We may not know the direct contribution of leads, consults and clients that arise from popular Tik Tok Attorneys, but it clearly contributes to their social proof and overall brand awareness. When this is done effectively, it likely has a positive return on investment for the overall business.
Here are six of our favorite #AttorneysofTikTok that are doing TikTok right.
Lawyer Kelly @lawyerkelly
Lawyer Kelly has made quite the following for herself, with 382k followers and over 11 million likes on her Tik Tok videos. From the first impressions looking at Lawyer Kelly’s profile, it is clear that she specializes in divorce and family law based on the pinned content and trademarked bio “Marriage is grand. Divorce? A hundred grand.®” It is important that lawyers on Tik Tok organize their page through pinned videos and playlists so that when users see you on their For You Page (FYP), if they take the step to visit your profile, they can easily make a decision on whether or not to follow based on the types of content shared.
Lawyer Kelly’s top pinned videos relate to hot topic items for her practice areas- prenups and child custody issues. Her approach is to highlight issues and educate the audience on situations they may not consider about their relationship. Attorneys on TIk Tok have a unique opportunity to bring legal education in an applicable, easy to understand manner.
Let’s look at why Lawyer Kelly’s Tik Tok page is a favorite while breaking down her top pinned video:
- The Hook: Kelly uses her knowledge and experience in divorce and family law matters to identify that most people assume that unless you seek out a prenuptial agreement, you won’t be bound in your divorce.
- The Education: Viewers of this Tik Tok learn about how every state has what is essentially their own default prenup- that being the state’s laws regarding property division, child custody and child and spousal support.
- The Business Strategy: By creating this quick, informal yet informational video, Kelly is highlighting a real life benefit of utilizing your own customized prenuptial agreement over letting the state laws and courts drive these crucial decisions in divorce. She doesn’t have to say “hire me for your prenuptial agreement” for people to understand that she practices in this area. This creates an avenue for couples to come to a conclusion on their own, with the influence of Lawyer Kelly’s social proof, that they should meet with a lawyer regarding a prenup agreement and she’ll be top of mind if they do decide to get a prenup.
Denise Rappaport Isaacs, Esq. @divorcelawyerdenise
Denise Rappaport Isaacs, known on social media as DivorceLawyerDenise has been successful not only on Tik Tok, but also on Instagram reels. With 3.8 million likes, Denise does an amazing job capturing her audience’s attention with a hook and educates viewers on subjects that may be applicable to her audience- even if that audience wouldn’t know to ask the question in the first place. With video topics such as “Should you tell your children about your spouse’s affair?” and “Biggest red flag for couples getting divorced” her short video content sees a lot of traction with engagement from a large variety of viewers. From people who have been married and divorced to people barely in a relationship, DivorceLawyerDenise excels in capturing a large audience with her interesting and relatable content.
- The Hook: In line with the current trend of sharing red, yellow and green flags as it relates to your job, relationship or experience, this video capitalizes on the curiosity of various Tik Tok viewers (single, old, divorce, married, young, etc.) wondering what an experienced divorce attorney has to say about the biggest red flag for couples getting divorced. This topic pulls in a large audience and over 1.8 million people viewed this Tik Tok. Another layer of her “hook” comes from the engaging captions with words highlighted as she speaks. Closed captioning, especially dynamic captioning on video content captures the viewers attention and keeps them watching more of the video.
- The Education: In this video, Denise taps into her knowledge and experience to educate her viewers about a big warning sign that divorce could be innement. She offers her input without trying to convince people they need to get divorced or using her firm for representation.
- The Business Strategy: DivorceLawyerDenise has really tapped into the influencer-type market on social media through sharing her stories, general advice and experience. She has cemented herself as a reliable attorney and popular content creator- building her social proof which in turn can help meet the business goals of her law firm and associates.
Anthony Barbuto, Esq. @thelawyer
Another great example of a TIk Tok page for people to learn about the law and bring some light-heartedness into the life of a lawyer and legal professionals. With 2.2 million followers and the title of “TikTok’s First Lawyer” we had to include Anthony Barbuto, Esq. on our list. Legal marketing is not always the most clever or innovative, and as a viewer it can be hard to get roped into a TikTok page revolving around laws that hopefully will never even impact you personally. As “TikTok’s First Lawyer”, Anthony does a great job at showing the human side of a profession that can feel cold to the outside world.
Here is a great example of how Anthony utilizes a business to human approach- in part to make working with an attorney or paralegal less intimidating for the average person needing legal assistance.
- The Hook: Viewers can tell right off the bat that this video was meant to be a joke to see his paralegal’s reactions while he talks about working crazy hours and comparing himself to other individuals.
- The Education: Even though Anthony is a skilled lawyer, this piece was not meant to educate the audience in a traditional way. Instead, the educational benefit from this video is that lawyers and legal professionals are humans too and you shouldn’t feel intimidated or embarrassed to get professional legal help.
- The Business Strategy: This video plays into Anthony’s social media business strategy because the target audience is much wider than if he was simply stating what you can do in a niche legal situation. By creating more vague legal content, a much wider audience can get roped in to further the social proof. Anthony’s bio states he shares “fun content about law and family”.
Bruning Law Firm @bruninglawfirm
Bruning Law Firm on Tik Tok does an excellent job at applying what is trending on Tik Tok to their own law firm content. With over 27k likes, Bruning Law Firm’s bio states they are not a regular firm, but a cool firm. Let’s look at one of their most viral Tik Toks to see how they effectively applied a trend to their law firm’s content:
- The Hook: Tik Tok has cemented itself as a place filled with resourceful information and is becoming used as a search engine more and more frequently. In addition to people going to TIk Tok to learn about the world, people equally love learning about what not to do in a profession or something they wish they knew prior to entering a profession. This simple video about what they wish they knew before becoming lawyers reached a quarter million views.
- The Education: The educational aspect of this video is not to influence whether someone should become a lawyer, but to open the viewers eyes to aspects of being a lawyer or having a friend or family member who is a lawyer that the average person doesn’t think about.
- The Business Strategy: This video is another excellent example of business to human marketing, where they were able to utilize a trending video topic but to educate and entertain a wide audience beyond legal professionals.
Law By Mike @ lawbymike
Law By Mike is easily one of the most popular attorneys on TIk Tok in 2023 with 7.5 million likes and over 164 million likes on his page. His entertaining, informative and engaging video editing styling creates mini masterpieces that frequently go viral and hit the For You Page (FYP) of millions of people. Mike often plays multiple characters in his videos which creates a dynamic and engaging video to compliment him sharing examples of what to do in various legal situations and what your rights are. Mike’s niche is making the law understandable for the everyday person and with his massive following and legal credentials, he can be a strong source for people trying to better understand the law. Mike also likely has a large following because he shows up on people’s FYPs to educate them about legal situations before you might be involved in one, which can help the lay person navigate their legal rights and not be manipulated.
- The Hook: Mike does a great job playing the roles within his videos which keeps users more engaged than if he were just sitting down filming a video talking to a camera. Within the first 3 seconds, he has already identified what the video will be about and invites viewers in to feel like this is a real life situation that could happen to them, so they should listen up.
- The Education: Although goofy at times, Law By Mike does an excellent job communicating and protecting your rights when a police officer wants to enter or search your home. Within 54 seconds, his viewers have a decent understanding of their rights and what they can do to protect them.
- The Business Strategy: This Attorney is the first on our list who clearly engages in brand deals and likely earns an income off of Tik Tok. This is not to say Mike does not actively practice law and represent clients as well, but the business strategy of his Tik Tok is certainly social proof and to get his brand out there. He shares videos on a variety of topics with engaging headlines like “Don’t ever do this”, “No One Under 18”, and “What Do You Do”. By building his social presence, this can translate back into the success of his firm.
Yvonne Murray-Boyles @travelinglawyer30
The final attorney on our list of favorites to watch on Tik Tok is Yvonne Murray-Boyles, also known as @travelinglawyer30 has 2.2 million likes on Tik Tok. This attorney from South Carolina is the first on our list with a contact call to action and phone number in the biography. Yvonne utilizes her Tik Tok channel to share a combination of trending videos and day in the life content as a personal injury attorney. By creating fun content to consume on Tik Tok, Yvonne grows her firm’s social proof and ideally gains clients as well.
- The Hook: While utilizing a trending audio and the popular “POV:____” words on the video, the Tik Tok engages users and encourages them to see what Yvonne would do for them as their attorney should you be in a similar situation.
- The Education: This video both entertains a variety of viewers and educates any potential clients that Yvonne will work hard and fight for your rights as your attorney.
- The Business Strategy: In addition to making a statement about working hard and showing dedication for clients, by utilizing a trending audio and video topic she shows that her law firm is on top of new changes and innovative in their approach to the legal industry.
Video Content As A Part of Your Law Firm’s Marketing Strategy
In a world where social media platforms like TikTok are transforming how information is shared and legal insights are delivered, it’s crucial to recognize and appreciate the attorneys who are embracing this innovative medium. The six attorneys we’ve showcased in this blog post are not only talented legal professionals but also engaging content creators on TikTok in their own rights.
Keep in mind what your business goals are when dedicating your law firm’s resources to a platform like Tik Tok. As explored in this post, there are a variety of benefits that Tik Tok can provide a law firm’s marketing strategy ranging from getting phone calls to your front desk to building a sense of community through legal education. It’s also important to keep in mind who your audience is and that younger generations will become the next phase of your law firm’s ideal clientele.
At our marketing agency Cardinal Concepts, we’ve seen the power of video serve as a strong marketing asset and encourage continued use of short form video as a way to hook in your audience whether you’re on TikTok or Meta, educate and work towards your business strategy and goals. If you are a divorce and family law firm curious about how integrating video into your marketing strategy can help your firm meet its goals, contact Cardinal Concepts today.